a picture book of everything i put in my mouth

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thursday's layout





Yesterday went really well. I loved trying the new recipes and the feeling I had in my tummy after eating all that good-for-you stuff. Although my calorie count seems lower than it ought to be, I justify that because during my shopping trip to Trader Joe's I ate a mini plate of some macaroni and cheese concoction they had going on (the perils of shopping hungry...) so I'm sure that packed on at least 200 calories. Today, after the gym, I'm going to try out two new recipes that I found on Happy Herbivore's site -- Mock Tuna and Black bean brownies... Should be interesting!





Breakfast
TJ's Healthful Heart Oatmeal, Cranberry style. 1/2 grapefruit and a cup of Yerba Mate. 190 calories.













Lunch
Mock tuna wrap with sprouts, carrots, and two olives. Approx 250 calories















Snack
Black bean brownies, approx 80 calories for two.
These brownies were ok; by mistake I blended the oats in the mix instead of adding them after, so I think that messed up the texture a bit. I'll try again, and also with less sugar as they are a bit on the sweet side.





Dinner
Mabo tofu again, with a tossed salad containing mesclun greens, cucumbers, carrots, sprouts, and a cilantro viniagrette. Approx 300 calories











Current Calorie Count: 820

2 comments:

About Me

My photo
United States
My husband and I just found out we're expecting our first child! We're also moving to Maryland in two weeks and I'm about to launch my own business... So things are about to get a little crazy at the Sturgis household. Follow the fun!

Followers